Sunday, October 14, 2012

Paws (for) Effect

I had to take one of my furry kids to the vet today.  She has a little lump on her leg which has been worrying me for a little while and I decided it was time to get it seen to, as it hasn't been getting any better.


Vet prognosis:  got to get rid of it!  That means putting her under, which I am always reluctant to do, but her health comes first.  So, I'll make an appointment for later this week and she'll get patched up.


Our little trip today inspired a bit of nail art I designed after we returned from the vet.  You likey?  I likey!


I started off with what's called "Skittles" nails (nails painted in different colours).  I like this just on its own, too.  Very summery:




Then I added a blob of black polish roughly in a triangular sort of shape using a toothpick (man, those things come in handy!).




And then I added four oval-type dots spread around the triangle (for the toes):


 
 
 
And there you have it - (doggy) paws!


Just a note if you're going to try this yourself.  When you blob on the polish, remember it will take quite a bit more time to dry than a normal mani.  In fact, if you can manage to get the shapes you want without blobbing it on (like clumsy old me), then you'll save yourself a bit of drying time.  The reason I mention this is because my lovely artwork didn't last two hours due to the fact I ended up smudging one nail because the polish hadn't dried properly, and then taking a whole paw off another because it had dried so 3D, that I was able to just slice it off.


But never mind that.  Do it!  It's cute, fun and a great tribute to our animal friends.


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment