Sunday, August 5, 2012

Colour throwing

Originally, I had planned to do a post on how to fix a crappy mani using Essence's Where Is The Party as the example crappy choice of NP.

When I initially applied it a month or so ago, I was very disappointed.  In the bottle, it pretended to be a duo-chrome purple/green shimmer.  However, one coat in/on, it turned out to be a weak, even dusty purple shimmer and I thought . . . what's so special about that?  And more importantly, where did the green go?

At the time, I was so annoyed, that I didn't bother with any subsequent coats, and just applied my Sally Hansen - Antiqued Gold crackle over top, the end result of which I was quite happy about.  Although, I forgot to take a photo (dammit).

In an effort to complete and publish the post I had originally written, I decided to reapply Where Is The Party to replicate the previous conditions.  But something had changed.  Or maybe it didn't and two coats are all that this polish needed?

Don't get me wrong, most of the time in artificial light, the colour is mainly that dusty purple I spoke of earlier, but true to the bottle, if you catch the nails in a certain light, you can see the green.  YAY!

Unfortunately, my camera doesn't show the color throwing, but it does differentiate between the two colours with and without the use of the flash:

With flash:





Without flash:




Needless to say, I've changed my mind about this one.  Neat trick, Essence!  And for all those wanting to see what it looks like with the gold crackle over top, stay tuned.  Pics to follow soon.

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment