Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sparkles #1

I love sparkly and shiny things.  I am always drawn to them. So, when on my travels through the interwebs for nail polish ideas I came across lots and lots of sparkle, I was enthralled.  Unfortunately, being in Australia, there's not a lot available  :-(  (queue the violins).  For now, I make do with what I can find here.

You may have seen my recent post which "showcases" some of the Jordana Glitters (see it here).  I also want to show you a couple of other sparklies my lovelies.

Now, there is no hard and fast rule about how to wear glitters/sparkles, but apparently another nail enthusiast told me the "trend"at the moment is to wear them on their own, naked (OMG) on the nail, or on the tips of your nails.  Personally, I think most are made to be the top layer with a base colour underneath, but that's just me.  I have decided to show these as per the current trend so you can see them in their most basic form, but I don't think it does them justice . . .

Chi Chi - Disco Diva

Without flash:
With flash:



Below:
Thumb: Sally Hansen - Disco Ball;
Fingers L-R: Sally Hansen - Strobe Light, Jordana - Lunar Lights,
Sally Hansen - Rockstar Chic,  Sally Hansen - Glitz Gal

Without Flash:


With Flash:


As with all things sparkly, sometimes it can be difficult to replicate the true depth of glitz they display, but I have tried to capture each in different lights, flash off and on to give you an idea.

As with anything in life, there are reasons why glitter/sparkles aren't so good:
  1. Can be an absolute pain in the backside to remove (tip: wrap your nail in a cotton bud which has been soaked in NP remover, and let it sit there for 15-20 seconds, then remove NP);
  2. Can be too ritzy for some workplaces; and
  3. Can't think of a no. 3.

And, the reasons why glitter/sparkles are fabuloso:

  1. Hard wearing topcoat which gives any mani pizazz;
  2. Fixes/hides any mishaps you might have had when applying the under-shade;
  3. Usually they come in a gel-base which dries fairly quickly; and
  4. Extends the life of a fading mani, without having to completely start again!

Sparkles = WIN!

Thoughts?  Any colour combos you would like to see?

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment